Friday, July 31, 2009

Experiments in Black and White



I've been working on a scrapbook album that is solely black and white. The only paper and embellishments I'm using are neutral shades, ie., black, white, grey, beige, etc. Until recently, I was playing with photos of everybody else, BUT me. Then I decided to round up photos of myself. These three photos were originally taken in black and white, and they are not digital. They are about 10 years old.

This is a pretty straight forward L/O (above). I threaded black ribbon through this chipboard that I painted white.



These polka dots give this L/O a retro look. Both the giant flourish and the small frame are painted with white acrylic.



You can find this photo on the back of my book jacket. Here it is framed with chipboard that I painted black and topped with Distressed Stickles. These corner flourishes are rub-ons.

No comments: