Sunday, January 31, 2010

Toddler Fashionista

I grabbed my camera the minute I saw our little fashionista. Lots of layers of clothing for a little girl. She looks as though she was put together by Betsey Johnson. Take a look at Betsey Johnson's runway models. Notice how they wear layers of clothes, usually over tights or big stockings:



Now, here is our little fashionista:



Fortunately I used an 8 x 10 photo, which is unusual in scrapbooking, but it works well sometimes. I was making a turning point when I made this layout. I used some fun techniques. The reddish flower on the left is a "lollipop" flower. There are several versions of instructions available to anyone who Googles "lollipop flower." I added a new technique to the stem: I did a few embroidery stitches across it, which I learned from Irene Tan Aka at Scrapperlicious. Here are Irene's instructions . I added optional Liquid Pearls to the embroidery thread. I made the blue flowers by painting chipboard buttons with acrylic paint and attaching them to layers of paper with shiny Mod Podge.



I painted the photo corners blue, and I stamped the black dots on them with a background rubber stamp. I love this effect. These small butterflies were punched out, and I embellished them with ETEE, which made them shiny and firm.

No comments: