Friday, January 29, 2010

Soft Shades of Red and Green

I love this photo from Christmas Eve 2008. Isn't this the cutest Santa's elf you've ever seen?



Neither the green nor the red shades are true Christmas colors but their combination says holiday to me. I painted these green chipboard flourishes, and luckily the paint matches the green polka-dot paper. I also painted these contrasting red stars, also of chipboard.

The red and green flowers are actually red clear stickers. I like the way I put "magical," kinda climbing or leaning on the flourish. These letters have glue on each side; they are very easy to cover with glitter.

Sometimes I have difficulty finding a comfortable way to place flourishes, but I find I like everything about this page. Once you've read my blog for awhile, you may see me looking at my layouts with a critical eye. The delight I express doesn't come from having a love affair with myself---just my best pages.

No comments: